1.14.2006

Jan 13 2006

Friday the 13th.
Usually taken as a day of dread, especially for those with Triskaidekaphobia, or fear of the number 13. Eh, never have had issues with Friday the 13th. My grandparents got married on that day many years ago. But, i'll tell you this...

Thursday was a culmination of a long week. Aside from work and school and other things, it's just been adding up lately and believe it or not, it rarely does get to me, but it was adding up this week. I actually didn't sleep until 7AM friday. I'd figured ya know, might as well stay awake so i took a shower at 630am, but lied down for a little while burning a CD around 7AM, and woke up at 8:30AM. Made it to our 9am meeting, but the start of the morning was just...ha ha... slow.

Finally started to gain speed by lunchtime. Attended Leroy's going away lunch, but decided to postpone actually eating til afterwards. So, after that, Smiley and I headed for a quick food run,...well, I did, he just came along for the ride. Got back, and I snuck and hid in one of my hiding places trying to eat in peace and just chill, trying to build up some form of energy.

Now, don't get me wrong... I've got energy 24/7... like... perma-caffeinated... so it's not a physical drain, but it was just the case of the blah. :) So anyways, Patsy still came over asking questions on her stuff as I ate, which was ok. After lunch, i guess i snapped out of it and it was on. Got some more things done at work. Not too happy with how things are happening, but what can you do, right? Well, the best you can do.

Around 5ish, KC called and asked what we were doing. I'm like... Um... what are we doing? She wante to go out, haver a few "R-OH", and just chill. So, I'm like...well, either a hockey game... Iowa was playing the Aeros... or catch a movie. I really wanted and needed the social interaction, but wasn't all in for an R-OH night. Had that monday, and granted it wasn't much, i usually like to limit myself. ha ha. scary. Anyways, i called EEP and asked... surprisingly, to me, she said yes, so it was a hockey night. I called KC and sad, hockey is a GO.

Picked EEP up, and the drive to the Toyota Center was really fun. The conversation was fun and I learned a good deal. Got to the Center and ran into KC while Colin parked. Well...more of KC found us. :)
Note to y'all... Bum and KC are a deadly combination. We've yet to get Colin as insane as we can get, but we're getting there. However, Friday was KC and Bum-lite. ha ha. Didn't wanna scare EEP too badly. Then again, when I first met KC's Mom years ago, and Kerry was with us... it was also to a hockey game. good times, good times. Though Colin didn't join in the dancing,... i swear, we'll get him to, just wait... the three of us (KC, EEP, and I) danced and made it on the big screen. *lol* awesome! and we also watched the lil kids with the noise-sticks use them as swords/clubs, bonking the kid sitting next to them. WAY funny. As for chuck-a-puck...

ha ha. Ok. Chuck-a-puck. Basically, it's a numbered orange puck made of rubber. During an intermission, they put one hockey helmet on center ice. If yours lands in the helmet, or is the closest to land to it, you win. KC threw hers, then EEP. ha ha. they fared better than I did. How badly? Well, yer supposed to CHUCK THE PUCK. i sorta let mine go too late, and instead of going over the glass onto the ice... yeah... uh... mine decided to almost peg the back of a guy's head. *LOL* I kid you not. so, as we left to return to our seats... we just had to laugh.

The Aeros put up a good 3rd period, but Iowa still claimed the night, 3-2. payback for the previous night when the Aeros got them. AH well.

After the game, we headed to Cecil's just to hang out, and we stayed there chatting until around 1:30ish.
I dropped EEP off back to her place, and drove home... got in, and went straight to sleep. Ha ha. i woke up at 3pm today, ate brunch consisting of chicken noodle soup, took a shower, then went to church. did an errand after that, and now... well, here we are.

Friday was a very fun night for me, and well, it was a nice change and fun. :) Hope to do it again some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home