10.21.2005

outdone'd

i done got outdone. no other way to put it.

i'd cleaned my desk area thursday, just in case they did plan something. well, long story short...or at least fast forward, i got in this morning and saw a good number of red string from cieling to floor at my desk. i saw balloons. i saw a blow-up lightsaber. i saw a sign that said happy birthday. i saw my phone cord hanging over the sign while the phone itself was wrapped in wrapping string and tape. i saw cupcakes. i saw my desk all wrapped up.

unexpected. they did a really good job and kinda gave that ... warm feelin' they went through all that. i'll post pictures about it later, for sure,...and post up the ones of what we did to Big Ern and Pink Tiger as well.

today was international day of the nacho.
we went to johnny tamales and a good number of folks also ordered a good number of nachos. very cool. our waitress was Lauren, and I think I was smitten. i liked her smile and hair. i dunno, maybe she noticed i was alive cuz Derek had asked for some flour tortillas...he had to ask twice, and he only got one order. i asked her, once, and she came back with three orders. as for the complimentary sopapillas... asked once, she came back with a plate for everyone to share... but basically got a plate just for us at our end of the table. yeah, she as cute. Chief took my ticket and paid for it. Ah, so nice, so cool.

the rest of the day was ok... got home, vacuumed, rearranged, cleaned, etc. it was a nice day. tomorrow, we're having a gathering at the house. i wonder how many people will show up. it's like.. asking a good number of people on a date and hoping you don't get stood up. ha ha, for lack of a better analogy.

Sara Smiles sent me a note and a shirt today. WAY cool!! a green shirt that says Ithaca is Gorges. heh heh. I have to take a picture and post. Made sure my DDR pads worked, so yeah, both worked. though the wireless one needs new batteries.

Well, i'm starting to want to go to sleep, and i actually don't want to fight to stay awake. tomorrow's gonna be a fun day. not everyday i turn 29. makes me wonder, will my birthday wishes come true?

we'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BDAY BUMBUM!!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home