9.21.2005

Rita

Good evening, all.

If you are reading this, you either stumbled onto here or you are an actual reader of this blog, and not in the Gulf Coast area.

As you all may know, there is a very powerful Cat. 5 hurricane n the Gulf of Mexico by the name of Rita. We've gone ahead and shut down early at work, and have all continued or begun preparations for what was voluntary but now mandatory evacuation. Some folks are even going to try and ride this one out.

This one is stronger than Katrina. This one is the 3rd strongest to date.

I grew up in Galveston. I stayed through a Cat 3 hurricane when i was 7. 22 yrs later, i have gone from no big deal, let's ride it out, to... will my home...not just house...but home... will my...will OUR homes still be here?

If you are religious, please keep us all in your prayers.
If you are good natured, please wish us well through this.

My neighbor Paul said it best...
after this one, we're gonna all have a reaaally nice, long margaRITA and Huricane (drnk) party. one way or another.

If anyone from FCE (or those I consider extended family from work [Smiley, Pink Tiger, Big Ern, Pepe, Do'lan, Stacia, CinCiy, etc] sees this, y'all be safe, and let's come back safe)

-me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home