1.18.2005

Love and Marriage in January

Maybe it's because biological clocks are ticking.
Maybe it's cuz Valen-fuckin'tines Day is coming up and every fuckin' store had their Valenshit items up the day after the Day after Christmas sale... hell if I frickin' know.

Or maybe it's just.... in the frickin' air... maybe mistletoe causes allergies or some shit...

but I swear, weddin' talk is around.

10 years ago, I was smitten. Those who know me even a tiny bit know that this isn't as difficult as it seems...
Big Ern said recently, "Your woman was at the bar."
My response without thinking?
"Which one?"

Yeah, pathetic. Not a ladies man or what-not, but i know i like women.
Anyways...10 yrs ago... i was smitten.
Knew a lot of shit about rings, and what not.
Had this pre-conceived notion of what a neat wedding would be like.
Definition of smitten.

Anyways, many years bitter...i mean, later... heh, i'm softening up again.
I still refuse to celebrate Valenfuckintine's day, but i DO love the candy. Ok, so chocolate is a reason to celebrate, but for now, that will have to do.

Anyway... again... i still won't celebrate it fully, but i am really happy for the soon-to-be newlyweds...and actually wish them all the best.

Who knows... maybe Big Ern is right when he says i'll get a russian mail-ordered bride.
Eh. Fuck it. Til then, gimme Day after Velenfuckintimes Day priced chocolate.

2 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

Valentines Day is too mushy mushy for me. Can you tell I'm such a romanticist? I only like watching people get romanticized. I wouldn't want to be romanticized. Too mushy mushy.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooohh! Discount chocolate!!! Now THAT'S what Valentines Day is all about! :)

The husband and I do nothing for V-Day...no cards, no flowers, nada....it's just another day, ya know? Sometimes it bugs me how hard they push it though...can't swing a dead cat and not hit a box of heart-shaped chocolate or those big silver "I (heart) You!" balloons.

(Although if it'll get me discount chocolate on February 15th, they can push V-Day all they want...:)

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home