12.25.2004

Calvin in Winter

Posted by Hello

I can honestly say I've never built a snowman before.
Granted, it's never really snowed like this before.
Sure, I get asked if I'd ever seen it prior to this year, and I honestly answer yes,...
just not in Texas. Last time I saw it in Texas was back in 1989...15 yrs ago.

Back on the island, it was just enough to say, ah,...cold white stuff...
but today....

I woke up at 8:25... Some of the neighbors' kids had already been up and playing in the snow, and I had looked out the window and smiled. It wasn't a dream, and there was still snow to be found.

So, I put on some warm clothes and looked about. I scrunched up some snow in my hands...smirked, noticed I made some tracks... then went about stomping out my name in the snow. And then it hit me.
I smiled.... I could build a snowman.... So, remember how Calvin made his snowmen in the stories...I went to work. The neighbor kids watched as I rolled up one big snowman part to the next. "How long'd it take you?"
"All that? I'd say ten minutes" "Wow", they'd say in amazement.

What can I say? I was on a mission. And then...after snowman was all put together... it was time for some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home