3.06.2006

For a smile

In the last year or so, i've noticed myself doing something out of habit...
Whenever a female friend of mine is having a birthday, I'd get them, at minimum, some flowers on their birthday.

I don't know why I've started doing this. Maybe it's because I don't really have a stable person to, not so much impress, but just get a daily smile out of. So, I rely on these friends to take a placeholder.

There's that instant, and you can try capturing it on film, but then you lose sight of it... but there's that instant of elation or whatever. surprise, maybe? there's just that look they have that I did something right and it was worth the flowers. worth it for that smile.

ok, so maybe it wasn't just in the last year, but when I was still in college, there was a rose garden in front of the library where Starrla, KC, and I worked. Starr would smoke against the pillar and watch me stand and hop around on the granite blocks, then i'd head over to the roses and snip a red one or a yellow one. Yellows were my fave cuz they smelled better. So, I'd trim a few roses and hand them to Starrla.

Come to think of it, I also gave some to Starrla's friend Amy cuz for awhile, her nickname for me was Flower Charmer. Ha ha. :/

Mom said I used to pick dandelions and other flowers when i was a kid and give them to her and other people.

Still remains, I guess. What I would do for a smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

that is so sweet and cute at the same time... :) what a nice guy you are... :)

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home