2.05.2005

Carolyn

Friday.
It's after 5, and there's still a good few of us at work.
Granted, I told the timesheet I'd only stay for 6.5 hrs that day, I ended up staying past 8 hrs. It's all good, I reckon.

happy hour.
it's 5 pm somewhere.
only here, it's already about 5:40pm.
i made my way to Molly's and saw a few friends from work over there.
I'd gotten some of them drinks, and had a few myself. The usual suspects were there,
including Big Ern, Pink Tiger, and Pepe.

There was a cute girl sitting at the end of the bar.
Yeah, in my demented mind, she resembled Jennifer Garner.
Really cute and all. But she was sitting alone.
Now before ya say what you think of this statement...gimme a bit.
A girl like her should never sit alone. But I wouldn't know the first thing to say.

Anyways, after some rather evil conditions from Pepe and Big Ern, and from the ... slight insistence of Pink Tiger, I mosied on over to the cute girl. Sure, I'd been sitting across earlier watching the game, the lamest thing I could ask was "is this seat taken?" I really need practice at this shit. But the fact that I even mosied on over and got a word out surprises me. Somehow, it's always easy to say hi to strangers, until you think, "how YOU doin'?"

After a few minutes, she noticed which school i'd gone to, and so we struck up a conversation. She had gone to the same school, but graduated a year earlier, and was now a grad student going for an MBA. We talked for a bit, her basically giving advice on grad school and what not, found out she had a boyfriend, and that her name was Carolyn. All in all, it was a really neat experience. Prolly seems weird saying that, but it was, looking at it innocently.

So, she figured the company she was waiting for arrived, so she bade goodnight, and I headed back to Pink Tiger, Pepe, and Big Ern. Pepe showed some approval, and we just hung out there a lil bit more until we all decided to head out and make our way to our friend Willy-shoo's.

The neat and cool thing about Willy-Shoo is that we're both from the same county, although we went to different high schools... and that we're practically neighbors. Anyway, he's a really cool person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home