11.07.2005

Pencil Me In

Today, ... it was a pretty good busy day.
Understatement.
It was a busy day, and all the things I had planned to do... I have no idea if i got done. I can only hope.

Got to work... tried to review the things I wanted to, but by the time I got to sit down...hell, the second my butt touched my seat, full salvo broadside, and I couldn't steer and sail away. Avast ye!

So i nodded my head... I coud have been sitting next to the Devil him/herself (I personally think 'her'), and I may have sold my soul from nodding and going "uh huh, yeah, yeah, uh huh, ok, uh huh". So finally got that taken cared of... went on to following up on something that had come up from people wanting to change something that we weren't aware of. Had to skip out on a meeting to go to training. Got that done, did lunch... mMMmmm McRib. Only one other person at work fully appreciates the McRib. Go figure it'd be the only other southern type. ha. ony he had his for dinner the previous night, and here I was havin it for lunch.

Lunch and training went by fairly decently. Yeah, the guy spoke monotone, but heh heh, actually learned something. Hmm. ok... so... one of my projects is supposed to be presented today for approval... so that was a new meeting... and yet, there was another meeting right around that time. Meetings are cool... as long as they're not meetings about meetings, or having a meeting to discuss about meeting. Ack!

Left one meeting, went to another... it was cool cuz everyone's on the same page and it looks like it's gonna be lesser required stuff than necessary, paperwork wise. Left there, did a quick show and tell to another engineer what we would need in a bit. So far, so good. Got back to my desk... sat at my desk...

Ever get that feeling that folks just...wait for you? or even, as books would say... lurk around the corner and then WHAM! yes. so true. Rudder amidship, and took yet another salvo. Dodged, Ducked, Dipped, Dove, and...Dodged... (5 D's of Dodgeball, yo)... and took care of that. Karma. Believe in it.

In the morning, I had asked, lemme sit down and get bearings first. One coworker snickered and agreed. No joy. So in the afternoon... same story, except afterwards, there was a lil shootaround. Yes, the NERF was back. after several shots, change players... few shots were made, ball rolled to me, made the pass... he took a shot, got blocked hardcore, ball ricochets, bounces, then WHAM! Entertaining, to say the least, but man, we cleared the room for other rooms.

The rest of the day went fairly smooth. Reviewed the paperwork i had wanted to, followed up on a few other items, and then just chilled. Ah, Sonic break with Hailz.

After work, went to Cold Stone with Cin. Tried their new espresso mixed with mint. Hmmm. it was ok, but I'll stick with amaretto or coffee and mint... or coffee and peppermint. After that, we went to Best Buy... ha ha, she bought Office Space. Always a classic. While she looked around, also went back to look at the XBOX 360. So cool. yis. got a free cd and dvd out of the trip. can't complain.

After that, headed home and just chilled.
And that... was the day.

Though this week, the current rule is, send me a meeting request just so i remember i have a meeting via the pop-up thingie from Outlook. Ah, technology...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drools* the mcrib is back?! im so hitting that shit up.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home