7.31.2005

an old favorite

When time has stolen away our stars
And only the night endures
Yet somewhere in the darkness,
Love, my hand will still seek yours.


When youth has danced its parting dance
And tasted its last sweet wine,
Yet somewhere in the silence,
Love, your hand will still find mine.


Dunno who wrote this, as it was in a Valentine's Day card an old friend sent me back many years ago. I've held onto it all this time...though now, I do not know where it is... but the words are still haunting to this day. Not haunting as in a bad way, but that ..well... nice memory.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I was having trouble finding the proper wording for something I was printing, and your post was the only thing that popped up when I typed the first line.

HUZZAH! You've helped a stranger today!!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home