1.01.2005

New Year's Weekend - Fri

Ok, so yeah,... the new year's weekend isn't over yet since it's just now Sunday.
Well, on Friday, we'd planned to go the museum to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.
It'd been here since early October, and January 2 was its last day. Well, I guess everyone got the same idea because when we got there, they were already selling timed exhibit entry tickets for 6pm-ish. When we finally got to our turn, they were selling tickets for 7:45 pm. Jan. 1 and 2 were fully booked, so we had to go with later that evening.

After getting the tickets, we headed home to get started on doing some errands to prepare for Saturday.
But, the Tiger mentioned that Princess Cait was indeed in town, and they asked if I had any plans.
I knew I had errands, but you can't help but want to hang out with the Princesses from PA's school.
So, I caught up with the Tiger, Big Skinny, Big Ern, and Princess C8. That in itself is a fucking story with picture included that I have to tell.

Anyway, after lunch, I'd gotten home, started baking a cake and cleaning/vacuuming. When that got done, we went on ahead to get back to the museum which was a decent drive, plus the fact of traffic and presence of rush hour. Good news is, although the usual slow spot was ... slow... it wasn't as slow as it normally would have been. We saw the Dead Sea Scrolls. It's surreal in the sense that I'd seen them in history books during class, and now here were some in person. They didn't allow picture taking in there, so I can't share that experience. But I did take other pictures, like dinosaur bones that I might post later for the fun of it.

We got invited to our neighbor's house next door, so after we got home, I went over, said hi and happy newyear. They had margaritas, and mmMmm, they were good. One of their guests had given me a shot that he had given others...and it was damn good. My neighbor Paul had said, Damn, he likes his shots. I am beginning to learn that I do NOT handle beer too well, but shots are good. liquor is fun too.

After a few over there, went back home in time to let the midnight bells ring out and we danced in the house and welcomed the new year. Since I'd been having fun with margaritas and shots next door, and for some reason, the folks didn't want to do champagne til saturday during our get-together, we just did....zeigenbock.
Funny as hell since my grandma had a lil bit with us too. I oped for finishing my...third margarita, and then toothbrushed and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home