10.03.2004

Einstein's House

Posted by Hello

Before you think, I had a lot of freetime, man... no way. I got in late afternoon, just enough to unpack, gather and review my notes and information, and then call it a night after dinner. The next day was the only day of freedom that I had because the following day was all meetings and work-related tours. So, I tried to make the most of it, with what little I knew. My counterpart suggested visiting Bern, so there I went.

One of the neat stops I stumbled upon (courtesy of the city walking map, 1 Swiss Franc at the travel/tour office at the Bern train station) was Einstein's House. Yes. That Einstein. E=mc^2Einstein. The tour cost like...under 2 dollars to walk around his houe...which is now upstairs of a restaurant. A wooden spiral staircase leads you up to a floor, and you pay an older lady for a ticket, and you can walk around at your leisure. This picture is of his living room. You can sign and leave a message at the sign-in book in the picture. His place wasn't all that big, but was pretty nice and cozy. They also had a few artifacts from his life both in Europe, as well as his years at Princeton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home