10.25.2005

Serenity

Serenity
-The state or quality of being serene.

noun
1: a disposition free from stress or emotion

2: the absence of mental stress or anxiety

every now and then, i do stand beside my own reflection.
Sometimes, it's due to an occasion, and other times, just because i felt like it.
There could be so much to reflect over, but usually these reflections tend to go deeper than I'd like, and I come out wanting more time to seclude myself from myself.

balance.
i'm slowly making my way back to a balanced side again. it had been awhile, but it's always nice to know that some weights have been lifted and i'm on my way back to being ok again. the book is really helping out. it's not a cure, and can't really call it a guide, but it's a nice perspective on things, And it's through this perspective where I say to myself... Uh huh... knew it all along, but finally listening to the voices of conscience.
Two know. Two understand.

But anyways,
Today was a pretty nice monday. Actually got some things done today at work, and it was an overal fun and not so stressed day. very rare, especially for a Monday. got a note from a new friend today and responded to it as well. It's pretty neat cuz the two of us could relate, almost. She grew up a world away, and yet we have a good deal in common. And at the same time, a random person sent me a message, so I responded back to her as well. Rare, but nice. and cute.

There's a cute girl at work and not too far away. A sure sign I'm back to normal. It's like pulling 'Vince' where there's more than one. No, not a player, but still. Had a brief chat with Cath today. Seems like I figured she'd be headed in the direction she's starting to re-direct too. Was only a matter of time, I guess, but I just hope she's happy. Starrla had also emailed me today and wished me a happy birthday. :) always fun hearing from her. Call it sentimental, or whatever the right word should be, it ... ya know, I've actually known her for 11 yrs now. Way cool. Then again, anyone I met or was friends with since 1985... I've known them for 20 yrs.

Played Sniper Elite again tonight and actually finished two missions. Starting to get the hang of it, but some areas, I still have a hard time. Tomorrow has some decent dvd releases coming its way... dunno what to do for lunch, but i'm guessin' should be fun.

i guess the following can apply no matter which situation you may wish to consider it for. But it applies all the same. Keep your focus on what counts. You can have whatever else going on which can distract, even shake your game... but keep focus on what counts. In the long run, that focus is what will win everything over, and you will get the last laugh. Who cares about the other players. I was reminded of this today. So true.

2:30. time for me to call it a day. Still awake, but i'd rather be warm in bed then still being awake typing. There's a game tomorrow. I am sure hoping that the 'Stros win. Tough luck on the first two... if only we'd split. Now... it's just one game at a time, one inning at a time, one pitch at a time. go 'Stros.

ok, ninight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home