7.05.2005

Thicker than Water, week 1

2 weeks ago, we had some relatives stop by for half a week...we ended up going to New Orleans, and it was pretty cool. We stopped by the Aquarium, walked near the river, checked out some of the stores, and then ate dinner back at the hotel.

Later that night, my Uncle, one of our family friends, and I walked along Bourbon Street...saw some chicks flash for beads...well, ok...more than just a few chics. We got some hand grenades, walked Bourbon Street s'more...and then watched more chicks flashing.

This cute chic in a bachelorette party yelled down and said to flash her. so i did and she got me some beads. How rare! One of the chics she was with said, do it again! so i did..and got another set of beads. How Rare times two.

My uncle then wanted to check out a live band, and I can't remember the name of the place, but they had a pretty cool blues/oldies group. I got huricane, uncle got a heineken, and Bro got a bud light. Well, the unlce really messed things up cuz i ordered the Bud, he ordered the huricane, and Bro got the Heineken, but he ended up switching and i got the huricane instead.

The band finished another song and broke into a slow opening of "I Feel Good" with James Brown...and as they slowly picked up the pace, I got out of my chair and started dancing. They had a main dance area in front of the stage, but i was just dancing near my chair/table. The bartenders and waitstaff had stopped serving drinks, the folks sitting at the bar watched, the folks around the pillar blocking me from the dance area of the stage leaned back and watched, and the folks dancing on the main dance area stopped and watched. Apparently, i had attracted attention, but the bartenders and this one big guy sitting at the bar were like, "You go, boy! damn, lookie 'him"

So...i danced. afterwards, the drummer gave me a set of drumsticks :)
pretty cool. anyways, we stayed for a few more songs, and then returned to the hotel. We got back in at around 2am.

Woke up at 630am cuz my parents and I went to church at 730am. the church was pretty cool...i didn't go in last time i was there. After the mass, we stayed for a rosary...and then walked around Jackson Square plaza...before going to Cafe Du Monde for some beignets and coffee. We strolled along the market area, then walked back to the hotel, getting some stuff at Hard Rock Cafe.

After checking out, the whole gang walked and window shopped for last minute souvenirs before going home.

Anyways, that was the excitement then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home